Troubled Teen Warning Signs
Does Your Child Need to Attend a Therapeutic Boarding School?
__ You are concerned your child will not graduate high school, let alone achieve a good grade point average.
__ He/She seems depressed, anxious or withdrawn, rarely coming out of his/her bedroom.
__ His/Her hygiene has gone down hill — far outside of your family’s standards.
__ TOTAL (if your total is more than 9, your child is at a high risk of failure and self-destruction)
If there are red flags, listen to these warnings. It’s time to step it up; not step away. Do not put your head in the sand hoping things will be okay. Listen to your own instincts. If you think you need to take action, you probably do. Trust yourself. Be the safeguard your teen can count on.
Some of the more common signs that a child needs help:
• He/She defies instruction openly and can become verbally abusive and physically violent when confronted
• He/She has run away from home and/or stays out for long periods at a time
• He/She experiments with alcohol, tobacco or other harmful or illegal substances
• He/She has sexually promiscuous behavior
• He/She has problems at school and with school authorities (fights, poor grades, etc:)
• He/She or she is or has been in trouble with the law
• He/She has participated in vandalism or damage of property
• He/She steals money or things
• He/She has changed his/her/regular group of friends or has become socially withdrawn
• He/She has sudden and radical mood changes you have not seen before, or he/she seems to lack empathy for others, and cares about little of anything of importance.
BENEFITS OF RESIDENTIAL TREATMENT CENTERS FOR TROUBLED TEENS
A boarding school provides stability – a set routine, academic tutoring, socialization, and intensive therapy – all in a single package. The staff are highly trained professionals with combined decades of experience working with troubled youth, involved in a multitude of struggles. They include teachers, tutors, psychologists, psychiatrists, medical staff, activity coordinators, and administrators.
Teachers are ready to work one on one with your teen to get them back on track with school, and even surpass their wildest expectations. Activity coordinators will introduce your child to new hobbies that can help them cope with emotional turmoil and stress. Counselors can help your teen to understand the source of their behavior and give them the tools to move forward.
Best of all, a residential treatment center is secure. You can rest easy knowing where your teen is at all times, and that they are in the hands of well trained staff that can handle anything. The safe environment will also help them to feel taken care of, removing some of the fear and anxiety that they may feel at home.
WE’LL HELP YOU…FREE!
We carefully research and visit hundreds of teen programs, schools and academies, so we know what they have to offer. We also get feedback from the parents we have worked with who are dealing first-hand with these schools and the work the do with their child. We will work with you at length, to help you find the best fit for your child, your situation and your budget.
If you wish to have your child in a program that teaches discipline and/or helps improve your child’s academics, we have many to recommend. Or, if your son or daughter is just beginning the downward spiral or completely out of control, we will direct you to the appropriate program. We work with dozens of schools and programs that work with teens who have ADD, ADHD, ODD, depression, drug experimentation, drug and alcohol abuse, defiance, rebellion, anxiety learning difficulties, credit recovery, or bad grades. Whatever your situation, we can connect you with an appropriate program or resources.
We’ll help you find the best military school, boarding school, therapeutic program, wilderness program or boys ranch, and totally without charge.